About the Firm
Bridgeport Firm Delivers Comprehensive Family Law Counsel
Proven Connecticut litigators handle divorce and custody issues
Family law concerns don’t end when a judge issues an order. You and your children must live with the results for many years to come. Retaining an accomplished attorney to protect your rights will give you the best chance to achieve a positive outcome that works for the long run. Our Bridgeport firm, MeehanLaw, LLC, has delivered effective legal counsel in divorces, custody disputes and other domestic matters since 1975. In Fairfield County and throughout Connecticut, we use our experience and skills to develop comprehensive case strategies that are suited to your particular goals and preferences. As proven trial advocates, we are always prepared to make a strong argument in court, but also use alternative methods to help everyone move forward.
Dedicated lawyers protect the rights of clients and their children
Obtaining a favorable result on the first try is essential when your future and that of your children is at stake. That’s why you deserve representation from lawyers who are:
- Established litigators — With a tradition that dates back to 1975, our firm has won numerous high-profile cases in state and federal courts while maintaining a close-knit, family-oriented office that gives each person we represent individualized attention.
- Accomplished attorneys — Over decades of practice, we have won the respect of clients and colleagues. Attorneys Richard and Michael Meehan have earned AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Ratings by Martindale-Hubbell®, a recognition of our legal ability and ethics by attorneys familiar with our work.
- Committed to protecting your rights — We are committed to serving as trusted advisers not just for the family law issues at hand, but also for any complications that might arise afterward. To do this, we vigorously assert our clients so that you are protected against current or future mistreatment.
In a free initial consultation, we will arm you with the knowledge you need to make key decisions with confidence.
Areas of Practice
Fairfield County attorneys obtain strong results in marital and parenting cases
Our firm provides detailed guidance on all types of family law concerns that affect Connecticut residents, including:
- Divorce — Whether your divorce is hotly contested or relatively amicable, we’ll provide thorough support in a manner that reflects your needs and values.
- Child custody — No aspect of a breakup is more important than ensuring child custody arrangements for your minor son or daughter to preserve your parental bond and protect your children. Our lawyers work diligently to establish custody and visitation terms that support the child’s physical, emotional, social and educational well-being.
- Equitable distribution — Dividing the property accumulated by a couple can be an arduous task that overwhelms the value of the assets at issue. We seek creative, effective ways to resolve conflicts fairly and are strong advocates if the decision is brought before the court under the state’s equitable distribution law.
Taking the first step can seem difficult, but we have the credentials and commitment to provide strong guidance at every phase of your family law challenge.
Contact a skillful Connecticut family law attorney for a free consultation
MeehanLaw, LLC represents Connecticut clients in divorces, custody disputes and other family law matters. Please call 203-583-8505 or contact us online
to schedule a free initial consultation at our Bridgeport office.